Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time out from Exercise :(

I weighed in again today and I am still way above where I want to be. I kind of wish I could attribute it to something other than myself but I am the one responsible here.
So I am back to counting points and logging everything I eat (well, almost everything).
The real bummer is that I am having a pain in my left hip that I know is from exercising too much last week. Everyone always says watch out for your knees but it seems that my hip is giving me the trouble. I worked out 5 times last week, ran a total of 11 miles and did a very intense step class with a riser on my step. That does not include the elliptical I also did here and there. So I think I just pushed myself too hard and now I am forcing myself to stay home and not exercise. Its not even for the weight loss as much as for the satisfaction I have from doing it, that I am missing it so much. My body and soul just feel better when I am able to be active. I sleep better and in turn I feel a lot better.
Honestly, I never thought these words would be my own. Until about 6 years ago I never did any exercise. I went to a Jewish Day School where their idea of exercise is letting us walk 4 minutes to school. Actually at one point Cher was my gym teacher, because we were sort of forced to do a workout video once a week and my friend had this Cher step class and we would "do" it. I would more like watch Cher do it and call it exercising my eyes.
I have come along way since then. Exercise has become a routine part of my life to the point where it is actually enjoyable while doing it and the myriad of benefits that come along with it are perks too.
So I am now a big advocate of exercise and I think that even though I may have a couple extra pounds, I would have a lot more if I did not exercise and they would be in a lot worse places. Running especially has really helped me slim down and lose inches.
So I pray that my hip gets better in time for my step class on Thursday and I will cut down to running twice a week and elliptical in between. If it still hurts, I will see a doctor (or ignore it till it becomes fungating).

SK
You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.
~Ellen DeGeneres

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha! you put the 'fun' in fungating.

SaraK said...

Actually at one point Cher was my gym teacher

I am literally laughing out loud.

AND DON'T SAY FUNGATING!!!!!

Yoch said...

don't say fungating

SK said...

SaraK- the craziest part is that it is TRUE!! I am going to look for that video on Youtube.

SK said...

check it out, it still exists...but you can't watch it, how sad.

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Confidence-Cher/dp/6302561760/ref=pd_sim_v_1

zehava said...

I come to Sarah's new blog that was posted like 5 minutes ago and it alreay has 5 comments! Good job girls! Keep it going Sarah!

Yedida said...

How come I don't remember the Cher step class? I guess I managed to get out of that too :) I think I was much worse in the gym department than you - and now I love spinning. Who would have thought?

She-nerd said...

what is fungating? i feel like i am missing something...