Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ten pounds for Pesach

I am sensing that this blog is all about who can get more shout outs and I am wondering exactly who you think is reading it. I mean I would love if we went public and all and yall will certainly be the first followers, but for now it seems its just us reading and its not a competition. Do you guys only talk to me so you can see if you make it on the blog?
I guess that works, cuz I lost 0.8 lbs today and I am at the lowest point since the blog began. For a total weight loss of (drumroll, please) 8.4 lbs since December 1. Not bad. Not bad at all. It is always slower fro me after the first month and I basically want to lose ten more pounds and we all know that the last 10 lbs are the hardest to lose. So as long as you all keep reading and I keep writing and we all keep sharing great food and diet ideas, we can make it all the way till Pesach!!!
That's the goal, 10 lbs before Pesach. Yikes, I can't even say that word (pesach) it makes me nervous and I feel like I have to start cleaning or stressing or something.
So again, if until the holiday, which shall remain nameless, we can keep Z and Marg fighting over who deserves the shout outs then I will keep dieting and blogging.
And by all means if you want a shout out, just tell me and I will be happy to oblige- as long as you have done something to make it easier for me to diet.
Happy and Healthy Day to all.
SK
PS and yes Marg that conversation we had about the puffed wheat was the inspiration for yesterday's blog, so shout out to you!

If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush. ~Dawn French

7 comments:

Yoch said...

can i get a shout out for being the first to comment for the first time in my life? how bout for becoming a follower? or for not yelling at you when you bought me chocolate?

Yoch said...

oh yeah and major congrats on the weight loss. you are an inspiration.

oh and btw, don;t say pesach yet.

zehava said...

Pesach has been my goal all along, so possibly for the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward to Pesach (just over two months away kids....it really sneaks up on ya, I think I know what I'm doing every single Shabbos between now and then....) You ladies should also know that I view my trips to Queens as little mini goals, like I need to be really good on my diet cuz I'm going to be seeing the Queens girls. Hehe. You truly are my inspiration!

10 lbs until Pesach is pretty much my goal too (give or take a lb or two depending on how I do on my next weigh in on Thursday morning) so I'm right there with you! So so excited to taking this journey with you. And just to brag a little, since October 23rd (coincidentally both Tovey's birthday and the day after Simchas Torah) I have lost 18.5 lbs. Yay!! Go us! Yay weight loss!

Anonymous said...

Wow good for yall! I am hoping that by Adina's wedding (alarmingly closer than Pesach) I can wear my black dress again. We shall see. Shout out to my husband who made a tofu stir fry for dinner with lots of fresh peppers and broccoli and very little oil with brown rice. We are on the winning team, hurray!
Thanks for the belated shout out - if we feel good, then we help you look good.

She-nerd said...

marg, that tofu stir fry sounds yummy!

sarah, congrats on your lowest weight ever! here's to it being your highest weight this year. and wow, zehava, almost 20 pounds already. i am very impressed with my friends. keep up the good work everyone! sorry i won't be around to see the fruits of your labors on pesach.

Yedida said...

Great quote today. I don't need any shout-outs because I'm sure I haven't contributed anything towards weightloss, but I want you to know that I'm a loyal reader. Keep up the good work.

SaraK said...

Shout out to Sarah for picking me up at the bus stop in the snow instead of going to WW (or going late - not sure what ended up happening). You are a great friend, Sarah!
I am so happy for you and Z on your respective losses. I went on a quick shopping trip tonite on my way back from B-more and I almost cried. It's been a tough past 2 weeks, exercise-wise and food-wise. I just gotta get back on the bandwagon.

Marg, that stir fry does sound yummy! But why weren't you eating leftover grilled chicken all week? ;-)