Thursday, February 5, 2009

Keep 'em coming

I have very little to contribute tonight. I am so so so tired and being tired makes it harder for me to diet, so I am off to bed.
But I am warning that this weekend is going to be a doozy. I have yet another (#8 in the last 13 months, bli ayin hara, kayn yirbu))first cousin's wedding (from the fancy side of the family)on Sun night and my parents are coming in town (yay)! So we are already planning on dinner out tomorrow night and then Shabbos. I don't think Shabbos will be so bad because people I will be with will all be dieting. Then the big wedding, for which I will have to just be wise about. I have a goal of not gaining this week, and I will be ok if I do not lose. Its also going to be harder for me to get to the gym because of all the festivities.
So I will practice forgiving myself this week and letting go of having to be at the gym, in order to enjoy my family and a beautiful simcha.
Wish me luck!
Good night, I am falling asleep typing and I have to get up early tomorrow because I am starting a Spanish class once a week. Maybe at the end I will be able to blog in Spanish!
SK

No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office. ~George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

She-nerd said...

no way, you're taking a spanish class. i am so jealous! is it medical spanish? good luck - and enjoy it!

i'm glad your goal is to maintain your weight this weekend. that is realistic, and you can do it. i will help you stay on track saturday night :)

zehava said...

I was just thinking that I'm going to be so sad if this is your last blog update until after the weekend, but then I read She-nerd's comment and it reminded me that I'm going to see you on Sat night! Yay! I will also keep you away from the goodies (don't worry there will be lots of fruits and veggies to feast on.)

I have an idea for you for the wedding....I know there are going to be copious amounts of delicious foods, so I would just suggest that you make a choice, go with shmorg or meal and don't have anything from the other (cuz really who needs to eat two dinner a hour apart from each other...) Just an idea that I've actually been thinking about cuz I haven't yet had a wedding to go to since I started dieting but I would like to have a plan for when I do....

She-nerd said...

i vote for eating the wedding food, not the shmorg stuff. you're going to want to eat if e/o is sitting down and eating, plus there's the whole seudas mitzvah thing and washing. (if you do wash, give away your roll so you don't eat the whole big thing...that's a waste of calories) Many times the appetizer at fancy weddings is a big piece of fish that can be a whole meal.

SaraK said...

Z, please keep me stocked with fruit and veggies on Sat nite, too.

Sarah, good luck over the weekend, I know how tough family gatherings and fancy events can be. Enjoy and have fun!