Sunday, January 11, 2009

TV+sat night+FOOD

Shabbos was very nice here with the heaviest of the bloggers (aside from She-nerd) all together for Shabbos. You'd think we ate only carrots. Close, but not quite.
I thought it all went really well. Especially since the eruv went down in time for lunch and dessert and taco salad could not be had at lunch. Thankfully the eruv went back up and Melava Malka was a delicious taco salad made with yummy turkey.
It kinda sorta went downhill after that. Now, my theory is that it could have been much worse but it still wasn't too good.
Its just that I think my brain is programmed that when the TV goes on my mouth begins to water. Thankfully I do not have that tumah box in my possession because it is poison both spiritually and for the diet. Since this is a diet blog we will stick to the reasons for that.
Its like I get to the house down the block and although I became fleishig from the turkey there was lots of yummy leftover goodies from Shabbos. I sit, enjoy the salad, cabbage salad and feel the need as these high school kids play football and their parents go to jail, I must eat. There was no suspense in the show and although it quite a gripping show, its not all that exciting. Why must I feel the need to eat through the entire thing? Even watching that bachelor dude make a life altering decision about who his next wife will be and is she beautiful enough (for those of you that saw it with me, you know what I refer to).
It all gives me the feeling that I must eat, eat, eat. Especially on Saturday night. Its as if I am hard wired... Sat night, moronic TV about very skinny single women all fighting for the same man and of course, food.
I think I should start biting my nails, much less calories...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No shout out to my healthy lunch?!!?!?!?!? Why do I even BOTHER???
Anyway it was lovely to dine with yall and I am sorry I missed out on the motz (we ended up having sushi and leftover chinese here so I probably didn't do much better, tho we missed the chocolate cake). Anyway I am not as OCD as Z and say, you saved yourself a lot of calories, it's ok that you indulged - shabbos and motz is always a challenge and you'll be back on track this week. It's important not to feel too deprived.
As an aside, a certain person is wondering why you are avoiding his calls and texts????

zehava said...

I will give a shout-out to the healthy lunch It was delish! Thanks M!

SK, it was a hard weekend dieting-wise for all, damn those jelly beans! I think we will come out ok on the other side, though The taco salad was delicious!

It was so awesome to spend Shabbos with you!

SK said...

Huge Shout Out to M who made the healthiest Shabbos Lunch ever! It was delicious, filling and very creative. I am coming back for more!
And for those of you that care, I was not avoiding the calls, just busy!

SK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaraK said...

Please let the record show that I tried very hard on Saturday night to deter you from the chocolate cake. You chose to ignore my pleas.

M, I heard your Shabbas lunch was terrific. Sorry I missed it.

SK said...

Z, it was quite a pleasure spending Shabbos with you, too. Mostly because I had the opportunity to see something I have never seen before. That is a human being consume an entire pineapple rind. Just sat there and chewed that prickly green part that most of us throw away.
Muffin wrappers are nothing compared to that...

zehava said...

So much delectably filling fiber. Yum! :)

That's the only reason you were happy to have me around? :(

I will have to go eat some chips to drown my sorrows....

SK said...

I said mostly, not only. I think that if you eat away your sadness it doesn't usually help, especially not with chips. Carrots, maybe.