Monday, January 5, 2009

Fasting is good for the diet

I am posting to say good luck with your fast! I tanked up on water because I find that helps to prevent me from getting a headache. I rarely drink caffeine so that should also help avoid the headache. But I certainly love to eat, so that is where it gets hard.
I think that the most important thing to remember is when you break your fast not to binge.
Eat slowly, let it digest and you will not eat all the calories for one day in one meal. Give your body a chance to recover before going at the food again.
I made a very veggies lasagna for tomorrow night. I rarely eat pasta (too many points for so little and pasta is such a comfort food that I cannot eat just a little). For the break-fast I thought pasta would be a great food, though. So I made this lasagna in a very deep pan and layered very little cheese and sauce amongst lots and lots of broccoli, spinach and zucchini.
I made it Sunday and I can't wait for tomorrow night to try it out. I wanted to get whole wheat noodles but there weren't any in lasagna form, but I compromised by not using the whole box of lasagna in the recipe. I will let you know how it comes out.
And I hope you aren't reading this when you are already hungry, this is only going to make it worse. Sorry.
SK

6 comments:

zehava said...

This is what I say for break-fast. Eat dinner. That's it. No need to make up what you didn't eat. Though I have to say, a day without coffee is a very sad day for me. :(

Though I did walk down the pasta aisle quite longingly last week. :) That was the same night I was craving the ice cream, but I made it through!

Your lasagna sounds awesome....yummy.

She-nerd said...

i am jealous that you have a yummy lasagna waiting for you when you get home tonight. although i did forget it was a fast day today. i even went this morning for my gestational diabetes screening test...icky. wish me luck on that.

SaraK said...

That lasagna sounds really good! I make a completely veggie lasagna in my crockpot (of course) with yellow and green squash and eggplant, instead of noodles. You need a dairy crockpot, though. But if anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

SK said...

Sara-you made that for tonight? or just in general? Sounds really yummy. Anyway if you want to try some tonight you are all welcome to come over for a bite. First come first served.

SaraK said...

I made mushroom barley soup for tonight, the lasagna is something I have made in the past. Oooh, an invite for free food :) I'll see how my night is going, thanks!

SK said...

I can't stop thinking about lasagna. Thankfully my day is going to get busy soon!